The American Gelbvieh Association (AGA) is currently seeking a qualified individual to join the team as communications coordinator. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and energetic team with the primary goal of enhancing the Gelbvieh and Balancer® message.
This position is responsible for leading the communication efforts for the association including press releases, membership communication, and serving as editor and advertising coordinator for the AGA’s monthly publications. This position is based in the AGA office located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- Plan and manage AGA publications by creating editorial calendar, develop story ideas, manage writing assignments, edit content, coordinate advertising sales, and work with graphic designer to produce final product.
- Lead a team in developing a cohesive communications and member education strategy across all print and digital communications.
- Write a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts, including e-newsletter, magazine editorial, member education materials, and press releases.
- Assist marketing team in development of national advertising campaign.
- Work with state affiliates on promotional efforts through the Gelbvieh Regional Advertising Program.
- Capture written content, video and photographs at AGA events, producer visits, and bull sales.
- Help coordinate AGA’s trade show presence including booking trade shows, shipping material, and working with marketing team on design and layout of booth space.
- Assist in providing excellent customer service to AGA members and customers through ad sales and the AGA Online Registry Service.
- The ability to travel up to 20% is required.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Responsibilities may evolve with experience and career success. Compensation based on qualifications and experience.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, animal science or related field.
EXPERIENCE: 2-4 years communications experience preferred. Demonstrated ability to lead a team. Agriculture background and/or work experience.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with an ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Computer skills including proficient in Microsoft Office products and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Must be reliable and a self-starter.
Interested candidates may send cover letter and resume to Megan Slater, executive director, at email@example.com.
To learn more about the American Gelbvieh Association, and to see what other jobs they have listed on Of The West, click here.
You must sign in to apply for this position.