Come MEAT Us!
We grew up here. We are family-owned and call Idaho home. Join our team at our brand new, state-of-the-art beef processing plant in Jerome, ID. We produce world-renowned Snake River Farms and Double R Ranch beef, which are coveted by top chefs around the globe …. and which you will have discounted access to, becoming the hero of your backyard BBQ’s.
From ranch to table, we are involved in every step of the beef lifecycle and are committed to producing the finest beef available. We are more than just a place to work, we are a family! With ample growth opportunity, competitive benefits, and a strong family culture, we’re here to welcome you home!
We are hiring a Production Supervisor for our True West Beef plant in Jerome, Idaho. The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring employee safety, product quality, and line performance while delivering on the production plan. This is accomplished by leading a team of front-line employees, which includes coaching, developing, and performance management. The Production Supervisor also proactively cooperates with other groups on site to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. The Supervisor is expected to model the way for others by demonstrating our core values and guiding principles to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motivates team members at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the performance of direct reports and promote a culture of engagement and performance through frequent discussions, coaching, motivation, and career development action plans
- Ensure a safe working environment for employees, enforce safety policies, and drive safety culture through proactive measures such as safety audits
- Develop the plant talent pool through effective employee relations, training, and communication with direct reports
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Facilitate maintenance activities to minimize equipment downtime
- Utilize performance metrics and incorporate them into daily operations to ensure the performance of the department
- Adhere to all quality and product specifications established by the facility for all product produced
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are adhered to by carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously – orientated on results
- Support operations during weekend and off shift hours when needed
- Maintain a positive attendance record by demonstrating consistent and punctual attendance on a regular basis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- This role may require some travel (less than 5%)
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams and achieve results through mentoring
- Effective coaching and team-building skills
- Basic abilities in Microsoft Suite applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a production environment, preferably meat/food production
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
To learn more about the True West Beef, and to see what other jobs they have listed on Of The West, click here.
You must sign in to apply for this position.