Position: Cattle Procurement
Location: Hermiston, OR
Travel: Extensive Travel Will be Required
Experience/Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or Business-related field is preferred.
This position will be based out of a BNW Feedyard in the Hermiston Oregon area. The first 6-12 months most duties will be focused on feedyard activities and how feeder cattle procurement interacts with the yard and feedyard personnel.
- Position reports directly to the Feedyard General Manager
- Receiving and coordinating the receiving process of all feeder cattle into the Feedyard.
- Communicating to Procurement all relevant information of incoming cattle
- Classifying cattle by backgrounds, weights, types, and genders to build lots of like in kind cattle that will maximize Feedyard efficiencies and cattle performance
- Coordinate information to the cattle manager for building processing regime’s
- Cross train and understand the major moving parts within the feedyard
- As skill sets increase, begin to travel to growyard and grass operations.
- Coordinate with outside growers on operational concerns
- Coordinate deliveries into and out of growers facilities
- Communicate with Director of Procurement, Consulting Nutritionists, Consulting Veterinarians
- Generate regular reports on status of grower activities.
- Begin to learn basic cattle buying principles, and the business impacts of feeder cattle procurement
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, etc.), and modern IS solutions in ag systems
- Ability to be a team player and work collaboratively with wide variety of individuals
- Personable with good customer service skills, ability to network and build relationships
- Strong organizational skills and keen eye for detail
- Dedication and Passion for the Beef Industry
- Ability to function in highly intense, at times stressful rapid situations
- Commitment to a 12+ month long training program, and long term management track
Compensation: Competitive compensation program including: Salary (depending on experience), Annual Incentive Bonus Program, Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance, Paid Vacation, and 401k Program.
To learn more about Beef Northwest Feeders, and to see what other jobs they have listed on Of The West, click here.
You must sign in to apply for this position.