The National Cutting Horse Association is looking for interns for the upcoming NCHA Metallic Cat World Championship Futurity and NCHA World Finals. This internship will give interns opportunities to work hand in hand with the marketing and business development departments to gain an all-inclusive experience as the entire NCHA team produces and promotes a world-class equine event. This internship will begin in early November and will end after the conclusion of the NCHA Metallic Cat World Championship Futurity in mid-December. Interns will gain hands-on learning experiences with staff, NCHA partners, and the NCHA membership, including but not limited to understanding and execution of sponsor deliverables, special event production, and content creation. Applicants should display enthusiasm for visual communications, interest in event marketing, and a strong eye for detail. Each internship will be tailored to the intern, which is a unique opportunity provided by NCHA.
DURATION & LOCATION: November 1 (flexible start date) – December 12; This in-person internship is located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Assisting the marketing and business development departments with producing the NCHA Metallic Cat World Championship Futurity and NCHA World Finals in Fort Worth, TX
- Assisting the marketing team on various projects including pre- and post- event print, social, and digital coverage of the event
- Collaborate with the marketing team to write and edit press releases and develop engaging content for the NCHA website and social media accounts
- Assisting the NCHA team with coordinating sponsor and corporate partner assets
- Understand and adhere to production timelines, including award ceremonies and special events
- Various additional duties as assigned
- Interest in the Western industry, and knowledge of horse shows and competitions is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Must be driven and a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have reliable transportation
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.) is a plus
- Photography and/or videography experience is a plus
COMPENSATION: pay commensurate with experience.
To learn more about The National Cutting Horse Association, and to see what other jobs they have listed on Of The West, click here.
You must sign in to apply for this position.