Come and be a part of one of the best teams around! Here at National Western, our internships are all about meeting people in the industry and getting hands-on experience during Stock Show. Internships with NWSS are offered in a variety of areas, from administration & sponsorship to livestock & rodeo. Regardless of the department in which you serve, one thing can be said of all our placements – there really is nothing like Stock Show!
While this is an unpaid internship, NWSS will provide all interns with lodging, two meals per day, and select rodeo tickets. NWSS interns will be invited to special events throughout Stock Show and will have the opportunity to network with prominent business owners and leaders in the Colorado and Wyoming agriculture industry. Interns are responsible for their own transportation.
The National Western Stock Show Strategic Partnership interns hold a temporary position with an emphasis on gaining educational and practical business experience in a professional setting. These interns will gain valuable experience working with all members of the Strategic Partnership team in an environment full of learning opportunities designed to help interns develop their capabilities and challenge their strengths.
Strategic Partnership interns will assist the team by executing partnerships with regional and national brands with a focus on delivering the highest-level experience for our clients. Interns will gain a broad perspective of behind-the-scenes event activation with a focus on developing strong external business relationships. Interns will learn about management, sales, deliverables, and customer service.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the details of each partnership to ensure all accounts are fulfilled with the highest level of professionalism, attention to detail, and focus on their end goal.
- Assisting with the activation of each element of partner’s contract.
- Representing the National Western Stock Show throughout the 16-day event with the highest level of respect and professionalism.
- Providing assistance in the office with any partner-related responsibilities.
- Setting up and managing partner activation throughout event, as needed, including during rodeo performances.
- Learning and implementing the activation process including execution, capturing the details of the event, and building the recap document as a proof of performance to the client.
Candidates must have strong administrative, communication, and interpersonal skills, and show an interest in business marketing and how businesses align themselves with an event such as Stock Show. Must possess problem solving skills, be a self-starter, have efficient time management skills, and should be knowledgeable with Microsoft computer applications. Intern may be asked to work 1-2 days a week from November 1, 2023 – January 1, 2024 (flexibility offered around holidays, with some tasks that may be completed remotely from home). Interns will report daily from January 2 – January 22, 2024. Hours can vary but are typically 9am – 9pm daily.
Number of positions: 2
Internship Dates: November 1 – January 22
Supervisor: Jessica Salrin, Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships
Click here to apply!
You must sign in to apply for this position.