The National Western Stock Show is in search of a detail-oriented, highly motivated professional to join our team as the Office Manager/Executive Assistant to the CEO.
The Office Manager/Executive Assistant to the CEO is responsible for supporting the National Western, most notably its President/CEO, through the management of tasks including but not limited to maintaining schedules, drafting, revising, & sending communications, coordinating meetings & events, and overseeing the Reception function. This position plays a key role in Board of Directors meetings, oversees Membership Services, and sits on the National Western International Agribusiness Committee.
The ideal candidate has a background in administrative/office management work with strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual is a proven multi-tasker and can manage various tasks and customers at one time while maintaining a calm, positive, and professional demeanor.
Reports to: President/CEO
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Work with Creative Team to design annual badges. Obtain department orders and submit to vendor. Disseminate badges to appropriate departments upon arrival.
- Hire, train, schedule, and support all Receptionists, both in year-round and seasonal positions.
- Select, train, schedule, and support interns during Stock Show season.
- Maintain all front office machines; schedule repairs and maintenance as needed.
- Place monthly office supply orders for staff members.
- In conjunction with the Director of Human Relations & Hiring, plan engaging employee events throughout the year.
- Maintain phone lists, updating as needed. Maintain main line voicemail recording and manage phone menus in conjunction with the IT Department.
- Maintain lost and found records; assist callers with locating their lost items whenever possible.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities
- Maintain President/CEO’s calendar; schedule/reschedule meetings and engagements as needed.
- Maintain contact sheets for all members of the Board of Directors and Assistants. Communicate meeting notices with Board of Directors and Assistants. Coordinate details and prepare all necessary materials for meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and maintain minutes for Board of Directors meetings, Annual Member meetings, and other meetings as necessary.
- Prepare presentations for President/CEO as directed.
- Assemble all necessary credentials for Stock Show.
- Coordinate details and manage invitation lists for executive events during Stock Show. Oversee the tracking and dispersal of tickets to the President’s Box and CEO section. Communicate with other local Executive Assistants to ensure that Stock Show VIPs receive invites, tickets, and parking passes for VIP, CEO, and President’s Box seats.
- Collect/write scripts for special guests at rodeo performances.
- Host guests on behalf of the President/CEO in the President’s Box.
- Prepare purchase orders for the President/CEO’s expenses and for all executive office items.
- Maintain files, both physical and electronic.
- Prepare annual department budgets, review with Accounting Department monthly.
- Work with the President/CEO as a valuable support service and idea generator to help grow the National Western Stock Show.
Membership Services Responsibilities
- Process new member nominations.
- Maintain member records in NetSuite.
- Prepare mailings and communications throughout the year.
- Support Nominating & Governance Committee by keeping meeting minutes and conducting research as necessary.
- Oversee the creation of Member Credentials for Stock Show. Prepare and disseminate credentials using the online and postal mail reservation processes.
- Supervise NW Club entrance during Stock Show; ensure all club passes are checked.
- Work with Committee Chair to coordinate details for the Red Meat Club Dinner during Stock Show.
- Oversee the preparation for the Annual Membership Meeting; prepare all proxy materials.
- Coordinate Founders Memorial Service every January.
- Support Capital Campaign events as needed.
International Agribusiness Responsibilities
- Coordinate on-site details of International Livestock Forum.
- Work with National Western International Agribusiness Committee to ensure a large group of ILF sponsors and room ambassadors commit to each Stock Show.
- Coordinate travel reimbursements for ILF Student Fellows with CSU rep.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to ensure NWIAC room is appropriately staffed during Stock Show.
Local Rodeo Royalty Program
- Coordinate program plan with Local Rodeo Royalty Program Volunteer Leaders.
- Develop guidelines for LRR Volunteers with Volunteer Leadership.
- Act as a liaison between staff and volunteers to determine appropriate activities for LRR volunteers.
- Serve as an ambassador for the rodeo queens on staff and for the NWSS out in public.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Skills & Abilities
- 1-2 years’ experience in office management, executive assisting, or similarly related field.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Achievement-oriented and confident.
- Prior experience collaborating successfully in a team environment.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative.
- “Rides for the Brand” – is dedicated to NWSS’ Vision, Mission, and Values.
National Western Complex is a multi-purpose indoor and outdoor commercial and agricultural complex where dusty conditions and animals may exist. While performing the duties of this job, work is performed both indoors and outside in all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind, and rain, on varied surfaces.
While the schedule for this position is primarily Monday-Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, there will be certain occasions in which early morning, late evening, weekend, or holiday availability will be required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Like almost all NWSS team members, this position will need to be on-site every day during Stock Show, typically for 12-16 hours at a time.
Compensation & Benefits
- This is a full-time salaried/exempt position.
- Compensation for this position will range from $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 annually depending on experience.
- Full-time employees qualify for partial paid medical, dental, vision, and life for employee; family coverage is available at group rates.
- 100% paid long term disability.
- Paid sick leave and vacation time.
- Upon meeting plan qualifications, a competitive 401(k) retirement plan is available with up to 7% matching.
WSSA/NWSS is a drug & alcohol-free employer with a zero-tolerance drug policy.
WSSA/NWSS is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a criminal background check.
To learn more about The Western Stock Show Association, and to see what other jobs they have listed on Of The West, click here.
You must sign in to apply for this position.